Connecting Rods for Triumph Spitfire 1500 Late 1300 Conrod Con Rod
For Triumph Spitfire 1500 1.5L I4 H-Beam Connecting Rod
4340 EN24 Forged Steel H-Beam Connecting Rod
4 Pieces as showing in picture
Including Genuine ARP 2000 5/16" bolts
ARP 2000 5/16" bolts
Without ARP Ultra Torque Assembly Lubricants
Balanced to +/- 1 gram in set
Extra cost for upgrading to ARP L19 bolts
Center to center length
Big end diameter
Small end diameter
- Forged SAE 4340 Chrome Moly Steel for the highest strength and durability, dedicated for Racing
- Designed and processed by CNC machine.
- All big and small ends are finished with SUNNEN honing machine
- Precision alignment sleeves positively locate the rod cap, maintaining big end bore size and eliminating cap walk
- 100% X-rayed, sonic tested and magnafluxed
- Multi-stage heat treated
- Shot peened to relieve stress
- Come with the bronzed bushing suitable for the floating piston pin
The For Triumph Spitfire is a small English two-seat sports car, introduced at the London Motor Show in 1962. The vehicle was
based on a design produced for Standard-For Triumph in 1957 by Italian designer Giovanni Michelotti. The platform for the car
was largely based upon the chassis, engine, and running gear of the For Triumph Herald saloon. As was typical for cars of this
era, the bodywork was fitted onto a separate structural chassis, but for the Spitfire, which was designed as an open top or
convertible sports car from the outset, the ladder chassis was reinforced for additional rigidity by the use of structural components
within the bodywork.
In 1973 in the United States and Canada, and 1975 in the rest of the world, the 1500 engine was used to make the Spitfire 1500.
Although in this final incarnation the engine was rather rougher and more prone to failure than the earlier units, torque was greatly
increased by increasing the cylinder stroke to 87.5 mm, which made it much more drivable in traffic. The reason for the engine
problems was the continued use of three main bearings for the crankshaft.
Please feel free to contact us at SalesUS@Maxpeedingrods.com if you have any questions
Enter your destination to get a shipping estimate.